The Credit/Collections Clerk is responsible for the day-today AR collections process through the monitoring of the AR aging and collections system. This position will require action to recover delinquent accounts by initiating collections calls and emails. This individual will prepare reports reflecting status of collections activity and recommend resolution for disputed issues with clients. This position will also assist with the AR & AP as time permits.
- Accountable for follow-up and documentation of all accounts within the aging report and system.
- Collect payments and work with VP of Finance if negotiates payment arrangements are requested.
- Connecting with clients via email, phone, and mail.
- Maintain detailed records of customer contact activities and updated contact information.
- Build a database of routine payments via credit card and process around payments.
- Record all customer payments to the correct reports.
- Partner with sales/ finance to communicate status of accounts and expedite resolution.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude with clients.
- Escalate issues to department and leadership.
- Process credit applications for review and approval by VP of Finance.
- Assist with AR & AP
- Other Duties as assigned